New to the forum
tylerbennett
Posted 2019-07-07 4:01 AM (#192866)
Subject: New to the forum

Puddle Jumper

Blythewood, SC United States

Hello everyone, I'm Tyler Bennett form SC, just join this forum and glad to be a part of this forum. Recently I bought a new 2014 Victory motorcycle and planned to go somewhere. I love to ride so much and it is the first bike so hope to enjoy a lot.

Cheers,

(Victory jpg.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Victory jpg.jpg (8KB - 0 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
vicguy
Posted 2019-07-07 10:53 PM (#192868 - in reply to #192866)
Subject: RE: New to the forum

Cruiser

shakopee , Mn
Welcome aboard.
TommyGun
Posted 2019-07-08 7:01 AM (#192869 - in reply to #192866)
Subject: Re: New to the forum

Puddle Jumper

Mossyrock, WA
You picked a winner a first bike! Welcome.
tylerbennett
Posted 2019-07-08 7:59 AM (#192871 - in reply to #192868)
Subject: RE: New to the forum

Puddle Jumper

vicguy - 2019-07-07 10:53 PM

Welcome aboard.

Thank you so much.
tylerbennett
Posted 2019-07-08 7:59 AM (#192872 - in reply to #192869)

Puddle Jumper

TommyGun - 2019-07-08 7:01 AM

You picked a winner a first bike! Welcome.

Thanks for your warm welcome.
tylerbennett
Posted 2019-07-08 8:01 AM (#192873 - in reply to #192866)

Puddle Jumper

As a new rider of 2014, I need some essential riding suggestion. Anyone kindly gives me some tips about it.
Thanks
rdbudd
Posted 2019-07-08 3:00 PM (#192875 - in reply to #192873)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
tylerbennett - 2019-07-08 8:01 AM

As a new rider of 2014, I need some essential riding suggestion. Anyone kindly gives me some tips about it.
Thanks

Congratulations and Welcome!

Do you have any specific questions about your bike and/or riding?

Ronnie
tylerbennett
Posted 2019-07-09 3:40 AM (#192880 - in reply to #192875)

Puddle Jumper

rdbudd - 2019-07-08 3:00 PM

tylerbennett - 2019-07-08 8:01 AM

Thanks

Congratulations and Welcome!

Do you have any specific questions about your bike and/or riding?

Ronnie

Hey Ronnie, I don't face any problem with my bike because it's very new. Guys, I have a question what kind of safety do you need to take at the time of riding?
rdbudd
Posted 2019-07-09 3:23 PM (#192881 - in reply to #192880)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
If you have not already done so, I suggest you take a motorcycle safety course. A lot of being "safe" on a motorcycle is learning situational awareness and proper response. In my 54 years of riding, I have come to believe that most of the hazards of riding come from the other, non-motorcycle, traffic around you. You need to learn to be aware, alert, and know what to do when people in cars are posing a hazard to your well being.

Good riding gear is recommended, and primary in importance is a helmet. I wear mine even when in States that do not require them. In my 54 years of riding, I have had the misfortune to see what can often happen when a rider goes down without a helmet on. It's not pretty.

At a bare minimum, I highly recommend a helmet, sturdy boots, and full length jeans. You'll find out why the first time you walk up to your bike and put a bare leg against a hot pipe. A mesh riding jacket for hot weather riding is advisable.

Concrete and asphalt make very good meat grinders. A little bit of good riding gear between you and the pavement can make the difference between having a few bruises to your body and your pride, and serious injury.

Any questions, please ask.

Ronnie
tylerbennett
Posted 2019-07-10 10:31 AM (#192883 - in reply to #192881)

Puddle Jumper

rdbudd - 2019-07-09 3:23 PM

If you have not already done so, I suggest you take a motorcycle safety course. A lot of being "safe" on a motorcycle is learning situational awareness and proper response. In my 54 years of riding, I have come to believe that most of the hazards of riding come from the other, non-motorcycle, traffic around you. You need to learn to be aware, alert, and know what to do when people in cars are posing a hazard to your well being.

Good riding gear is recommended, and primary in importance is a helmet. I wear mine even when in States that do not require them. In my 54 years of riding, I have had the misfortune to see what can often happen when a rider goes down without a helmet on. It's not pretty.

At a bare minimum, I highly recommend a helmet, sturdy boots, and full length jeans. You'll find out why the first time you walk up to your bike and put a bare leg against a hot pipe. A mesh riding jacket for hot weather riding is advisable.

Concrete and asphalt make very good meat grinders. A little bit of good riding gear between you and the pavement can make the difference between having a few bruises to your body and your pride, and serious injury.

Any questions, please ask.

Ronnie

Hey Ronnie, I want to give you a like for your great suggestion, but there is no like button. Thanks for your great suggestion. I think it helps me a lot in my life and gives me a perfect safety. I'm too glad to know that you have 54 years of riding experience, and I feel proud to learn something to you.
I must ask some question to you if I need it.
Thanks a lot again.