You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

headlight flashing every two seconds after i took off the fairing
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads Tech Q&AMessage format

Possum
Posted 2016-05-02 9:21 PM (#182787)
Subject: headlight flashing every two seconds after i took off the fairing

New user

i need some help. i took off my fairing, completely, to install some new bars. Every thing back together, the bike starts and runs fine. radio works, everything fine, EXCEPT, my headlight and brake light don't work correctly.

when the bike is turned on, the primary lighting relay clicks on and off about every two seconds. when it clicks the headlight flashes on. (and so does the brake light if i'm holding down the brake.) i have been back through all the wiring twice, everything seems to be connected and correctly, What the hell am i missing?????????
Top of the page Bottom of the page
atvtinker
Posted 2016-05-03 2:57 AM (#182791 - in reply to #182787)
Subject: Re: headlight flashing every two seconds after i took off the fairing

Tourer

Grand Cane, LA
Sounds like you didn't get the ground tightened down good enough or you have pinched a wire somewhere. Just a suggestion. The fairing electrical stuff has a ground wire that attaches to one of the triple tree bolts which you obviously seen if you took the whole fairing off. If it doesn't get good contact it may cause what you are seeing. Either that or you may have inadvertently hooked 2 connectors together that were exactly alike, but are suppose to hook to something else. Also check you fuses. There are a couple under the fairing. You'll have to consult your book to figure out what they are for as I don't remember just off hand. There is one that the books don't mention that goes to the power outlets in the fairing that I had to find the hard way. It is on the right under the side cover. It looks like a connector with just a cover but there is actually a fuse there. These are just suggestions since I don't know what all you did when you took the whole fairing off.

And by the way for those that think that they may can try to hook something up to the little connector just above the fuse I mentioned DON'T! Your bike will not start! It has something to do with the fuel system. I tried to use it to hook up a Powerlet I installed and it would not let the fuel pump run.

Edited by atvtinker 2016-05-03 3:00 AM
Possum
Posted 2016-05-03 3:29 PM (#182797 - in reply to #182787)

New user

got it figured out. i realized it was a lighting issue so i traced down the lighting connectors and switches. i had reversed the "supply" and "load" wires on the driving lights that i had installed earlier. once i realized that everything worked fine when the driving lights were switched on, it wasn't hard to find....LOL

Thanks for trying!!!!I appreciate it.
atvtinker
Posted 2016-05-05 9:46 AM (#182917 - in reply to #182787)

Tourer

Grand Cane, LA
Glad you got it sorted out. Sometimes it's hard to give a good diagnosis not knowing what all had been done. Ride On!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™