You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Almost a Vision owner!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

cheeze
Posted 2010-07-06 12:21 PM (#63902)
Subject: Almost a Vision owner!

New user

Hello everyone. I must admit i am not a Vision owner yet but I am close. I currently ride a HD Road Glide and my last bike was an Ultra Classic. I am sure many of you have made the jump from HD to Victory. I was hoping some of you could share with me the pros and cons of the Victory Vision and how it compares to any of the HD Touring Bikes. Thanks and i look forward to your responses.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
donetracey
Posted 2010-07-06 1:13 PM (#63903 - in reply to #63902)
Subject: Re: Almost a Vision owner!

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
See the thread "Where Did We All Come From???"

http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=5630&pos... classic&highlightmode=1

Discusses all kinds of 'from' bikes - including HD Ultras
joe schmoe
Posted 2010-07-06 1:41 PM (#63906 - in reply to #63902)

Tourer

East TN
I too came from a '06 Road Glide...Here is my write up I did just shortly after selling the Road Glide to get my Vision
Just after I bought the Vision
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/victory-motorcycles/154425-so-lon...

And a 2 month write up after owning the Vision
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/victory-motorcycles/159327-2-mont...

I now have 16,000 miles on my Vision and have LOVED EVERY Minute on her!! No issues other than an occasional back fire..And I'm working that issue too!
cheeze
Posted 2010-07-06 7:15 PM (#63925 - in reply to #63902)
Subject: RE: Almost a Vision owner!

New user

Which dealer did you use Joe? Im just outside of Knoxville and was hoping for some feedback on their service and parts department. By the way thanks for sharing the info. Sounds like you are very happy with the Vision.
XRsteve
Posted 2010-07-06 8:51 PM (#63932 - in reply to #63902)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Cheeze: I started the " where did we all come from " blog. I've had my Vision for almost 4 months and have 4,000 miles on it. I still have my 2003 RoadGlide ( 48,000 miles ) as a spare. I've ridden the RG to Daytona 7 times from 45 miles west of Atlanta. The VV will be going on all long trips from now on. The VV is much more comfortable and the engine is way stronger stock for stock.
Some comparisons, Luggage: you can load more in HD saddle bags and tour pack than you can in the VV no matter what others say on this site. you could come to my garage and try it if you don't believe me they are sitting side by side right now. Engine: the VV is stronger like I said earlier, at highway speed, say 80mph the VV is just as smooth as the HD even though it's solidly mounted. Comfort: the VV wins hands down, it is just way bigger and gives you alot more stretching room. The electric windshield rocks !!! Stereo: The VV especially with the IPod playing kills the RG and I have HogTunes front and back speakers with amp on the RG. Radio: well, the recption on the RG is better, but it does have a four foot long antenna. The tranny: well I've had no problems and expect none but it does clunk and is a liitle more noisey than the RG. Heat: don't even try to ride the VV with short pants. It'll burn your calfs up !! not because the engine puts out more heat but because of airflow around the lowers.
Got any other specific comparison questions give me a PM and I'll answer them one by one and I will be honest............steve

Edited by XRsteve 2010-07-06 8:55 PM
wroman
Posted 2010-07-06 8:54 PM (#63934 - in reply to #63902)

Tourer

Gettysburg, 2008 Tour Premium
The Vision is the bike for me. I came off an Ultra. As far as I can see the '07 and up Harleys have not proven themselves in a number of very important ways. Starting with the primary gearing they are geared for lower HWY noise levels and not for proper running. This is a major drawback for performance and it has not been sorted out even in the aftermarket. The final drive gearing presents problems because of the IDS is an absolute nessesety if you do not want a clattering gearbox. So one tooth on the front sprocket is about it.
I could go on and on but I wont. The Vision is a modern design that works and is built tough as hell. The aftermarket for Vic parts is nowhere near H-D but it needs very little.
joe schmoe
Posted 2010-07-07 6:34 AM (#63951 - in reply to #63925)
Subject: RE: Almost a Vision owner!

Tourer

East TN

cheeze - 2010-07-06 8:15 PM Which dealer did you use Joe? Im just outside of Knoxville and was hoping for some feedback on their service and parts department. By the way thanks for sharing the info. Sounds like you are very happy with the Vision.

Cheeze, I use Ultimate Toys Motorsports at Lovell Road for ALL my service!! Todd is TOP NOTCH technician!! Now i bought my Vision from Bair's in North Canton, OH...I called 5 dealerships within a 500 mile radius...Worked prices with all of them and Bair's had the BEST PRICE by far....Ultimate Toyz ask me once I started bringin my Vision in for service why I didn't buy from them...I told them simple, "you did not want to work with me on selling a Vision" But they have not given me any greif at all for buying else where and having them perform service, as the local HD dealer did when I bought my Road Glide from C&S in Nashville and asked Knox HD to do service...Different story there...for a different thread... 

varyder
Posted 2010-07-07 7:39 AM (#63956 - in reply to #63902)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I'm hoping to do a 75,000 mile review when I get back from California. I was told I was crazy to ride out here but it has only made me want to ride more. On the way west I traveled 2,800 in less than 3 1/2 days. My return trip will be around 3,100 miles I plan to take 5 days so I can visit family. There will be at least a 1,000 mile day in there, if not two. I say that so I can convey the comfort of this bike, if that is what you are looking for. I've not concerned myself with finding out where the dealers are along the way and the bike has not given me any trouble. I've also discovered that some of the heat that folks complain about can be redirected without any modification. The upper wind deflectors will do that if they are not brought all the way in. I've rode nearly the whole trip in temps in the 90's an.d about half of it in the 100+ with temps at one point reaching 110.

To me, it's all about the ride and the Vision stock is perfect out of the box.
Candyman
Posted 2010-07-08 1:29 PM (#64061 - in reply to #63902)

Cruiser

West Knoxville TN
Cheeze, I bought my second Vision from Ultimate in Knoxville as well. They are a great bunch but I had to work them on price. Drop the Schmoe or myself a pm and we can chat about the dealership. Once you buy you will have to hook up with our riding group. We have 17 vic owners right now. Lots of fun.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™