You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Shifting Issue after re-installing Primary cover
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads Tech Q&AMessage format

xusa13b2c
Posted 2013-12-19 9:47 AM (#149829)
Subject: Shifting Issue after re-installing Primary cover

New user

Hoping to find insight, don't feel like removing the primary cover again.

Removed Primary Cover, the Shift Ratchet came with it.

Referencing pg268 step 6 and 7 are of concern in the XC Victory manual:
During install made sure to add lithium grease to the Shift Shaft Adapter(some oozed out) pg263, made sure the shaft looked like the graphic. However I don't recall "sliding ratchet fork" as stated in step 6 and 7, just inserted the shaft into the adapter making sure the spring was engaging the gear oiler pin. Put cover back which was a pain, 3 attempts to parallel slide the cover not to bind on the shift shaft. Decided to test shifting before adding oil. Adjusted shift linkage/clutch shaft and cable to what I think is stock. But of course it's not shifting properly, it will go into 1st gear and Neutral but not 2nd-6th. I'm doing this by rolling the bike back and forth about a foot.

Questions:
1. Dos it sound like I incorrectly install shift ratchet in step 6(E)?
2. Does the engine need to be filled with oil and started to initially pressurize the clutch mechanism to shift correctly when engine is not running?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
airjammerman
Posted 2014-11-23 12:07 AM (#168848 - in reply to #149829)
Subject: Re: Shifting Issue after re-installing Primary cover

New user

I believe the engine has to be running before it will shift into second gear. Something to do with the neutral assist system I belive.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™