You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

HJC IS-Max BT Modular
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Reviews -> Product ReviewsMessage format

ljurgens
Posted 2014-07-03 6:16 PM (#160927)
Subject: HJC IS-Max BT Modular

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States

Ordered from Dennis Kirk for $184 and came in 1 day.

The helmet fits good, I bought the XXXL in white. I look a bit like a storm trooper on the black Vision with this helmet :-) For it's shell size its not bad for weight, and the fit and finish seems pretty good. The slide down sunscreen is definately not dark, I would prefer it to be a another shade darker.

Went for a ride with it today. It is fairly quiet behind the windscreen, I've read that modulars can be a little bit noiser due to the edges where it closes. Behind the windscreen, it's not noisy at all. With the screen down though, it seems quite a bit noisier than I expected and the little flap that slides open to reveal the two holes for ventilation rattles like crazy when it's closed, behind the windscreen or not! When it's open, no problem.

I found that with the windscreen popped open at its first detent, the helmet flows air very very good. Kept my head cool and the interior helps with that as well. 

Overall, I'm fairly satisfied with it and will probably keep it. But, I don't think I could wear this helmet without a windscreen, and I'm tempted to send it back due to the noise issues with the Vision screen lowered. 

Anyone else have one and what is your experience with it?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™