You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Cruise control lash re-learn
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads Tech Q&AMessage format

atvtinker
Posted 2015-09-28 9:24 PM (#175214)
Subject: Cruise control lash re-learn

Tourer

Grand Cane, LA
So did anyone find out what the procedure for the cruise control lash re-learn was for the newer Cross Country's? Tried the one I used to use for my old Vision but that didn't work. That just puts into diagnostic mode. Searched for it forum and can't seem to find a post other than the ones back in 2012 and that wasn't right.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
atvtinker
Posted 2016-07-29 11:41 PM (#186803 - in reply to #175214)
Subject: Re: Cruise control lash re-learn

Tourer

Grand Cane, LA
Wow! Looks like it has almost been a year since I posted this question and no replies. Did anyone ever find out if there was a lash re-learn procedure for the Cross Bikes or is it strictly something I have to take the bike back to a dealer to get fixed? After having the bike for almost a year, the slack in the cruise control still bothers me with it wandering off 3 to 4 miles per hour while going through minor hills.
atvtinker
Posted 2016-10-10 1:51 PM (#189335 - in reply to #175214)
Subject: RE: Cruise control lash re-learn

Tourer

Grand Cane, LA
Since I couldn't find anyone who knew of a lash re-learn for the Cross Country's cruise control and apparently there in not one according to my dealer, I have come up with a hack that seems to work. Pretty simple and takes all of about five minutes to do. I took 2 lock washers that fit a #10-24 bolt and spread them open a little and placed them around the end of the cable and squeezed them back together. This took up about 90% of the cable slack at the throttle plate arm and seems to be working perfectly. I will try to post a picture of what it looks like and where to place them.

(IMAG0696[1].jpg)

(IMAG0697[1].jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMAG0696[1].jpg (36KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments IMAG0697[1].jpg (49KB - 0 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™