You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Battery Charger/Tender
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

iluvink
Posted 2016-12-28 8:41 PM (#190218)
Subject: Battery Charger/Tender

Tourer

Dallas, Texas
Anyone had experience with these?

https://no.co/products/charging/multipurpose

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Wedge
Posted 2017-01-07 1:43 AM (#190255 - in reply to #190218)
Subject: Re: Battery Charger/Tender

Cruiser

I have the 1100 attached to my FJ1200. Been using it for a couple years with no problems. On my Vision I have Drag Specialties Optimate 3, also for a couple years with no problems. I really don't know anything about these, they were recommended by my dealers, but they work reliably and my batteries are strong. I keep 'em plugged in 24/7 when I'm not riding.
8_Ball_Budzo
Posted 2017-01-18 7:53 AM (#191374 - in reply to #190218)

Puddle Jumper

Blackfalds, AB Canada
Hi Wedge. So when it comes to this unit. Do you just keep it in your garage? You don't install it on your bike do you??? Sorry for the dumb questions, but I think i would just keep the unit in my garage and attach it to the battery leads when ever I needed it. A friend of mine told me he's going to attach a battery tender and keep it on his bike. I must be missing something then. Can you help me out pls. Thanks
Wedge
Posted 2017-01-21 11:26 PM (#191387 - in reply to #190218)

Cruiser

Hi 8 Ball,

There's a "lead", maybe 18-24" long, that I leave attached at the battery full time. This comes in the tender package. At one end of the lead are 2 connectors which you will need to attach to the battery. A "positive" and a "negative". This stays attached to the battery. When I park the bike in the garage, I plug the other end of the "lead" into the battery tender which is also always plugged into a wall outlet. So it's a very quick connect and disconnect as needed.
Wedge
Posted 2017-01-21 11:38 PM (#191388 - in reply to #190218)
Subject: RE: Battery Charger/Tender

Cruiser

8 Ball,

Here's another way to make use of the battery tender if it's always connected to your battery.

https://www.amazon.com/MICTUNING-Adapter-Socket-Motorcycle-Tablet/dp...

It's an SAE to USB cable adapter.

Anyway, the end of the lead not connected to the battery is an "SAE" connector and you can use it to power things. I use one of the cables in the above link to charge my iPhone while riding. There are other ways to charge devices while riding, I just wanted to show you this option.
iluvink
Posted 2017-05-14 9:08 PM (#191842 - in reply to #190218)

Tourer

Dallas, Texas
Well, I bought this one, https://no.co/g3500 and it is awesome. I got a lithium battery for my bike which I highly recommend. This charger works on it and all my autos as well. Worth every penny.
dross
Posted 2017-05-17 1:04 AM (#191853 - in reply to #191388)

Puddle Jumper

Wedge - 2017-01-21 11:38 PM

8 Ball,

Here's another way to make use of the battery tender if it's always connected to your battery.

https://www.amazon.com/MICTUNING-Adapter-Socket-Motorcycle-Tablet/dp...

It's an SAE to USB cable adapter.

Anyway, the end of the lead not connected to the battery is an "SAE" connector and you can use it to power things. I use one of the cables in the above link to charge my iPhone while riding. There are other ways to charge devices while riding, I just wanted to show you this option.

Looking to get one of these, thank you!
dkelly
Posted 2017-05-30 5:59 AM (#191909 - in reply to #190218)

Puddle Jumper

I have a Battery Tender Jr and it works fine.
beemerdad2@yahoo.com
Posted 2017-05-30 9:55 AM (#191911 - in reply to #190218)

Cruiser

The 6 years I was back in Michigan taking care of my Mom, I used some off-brand battery tender I picked up at Wal-Mart and I simply left mine sitting next to the bike on a stool all winter long. I ran the bike a few minutes once a month or so, but didn't have it mounted to the bike.

Wintering in southern Texas, I'm too busy riding to take the time to plug in a battery tender....way warmer in your neck of the woods in the winter than Michigan too...

Edited by beemerdad2@yahoo.com 2017-05-30 9:58 AM
donetracey
Posted 2017-06-01 3:15 AM (#191927 - in reply to #190218)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
<p>Got a GREAT TRUE story for everyone - not many details, cuz I have had this Battery Tender connection for 7 or 8 years. Goes like this: I have owned 23 motorcycles and NEVER got more than 4 years out of ANY battery/bike in 60 years. Last OCTOBER - I parked the bike after a ride and as I have always done for many years, I connected and turned on the 'tender' to 'motorcycle' - covered the bike and ran from the SNOW!!! Well, the whole frickin' winter for us was the worse in 30 plus years (normally I NEVER go more than 2 weeks without riding) but this Winter/Spring - for various reasons [forced retirement in February included] I never got near the bike until the END OF MAY !!!. It still has the ORIGINAL battery from my purchase in early 2008 - and when I uncovered the bike last week, I looked at the 'TENDER' and it showed the battery with a full charge !!! Unbelieving - I turned on the ignition key - hit the STARTER - and got a VROOOOM right away!!!! UNBELIEVABLE .... but TRUE!!! I am still 'stunned' at that. NINE YEARS - same battery. My first with a 'Tender' - just WOW .... Anyway, with forced retirement at age 73 - I NEED money. VISION has EVERY important accessory and modification including CAMS. Any assistance would be a BIG help. I will MISS all THIS ..... Don</p>

Edited by donetracey 2017-06-01 3:26 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™