You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Help with Rear Brake bracket
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

8_Ball_Budzo
Posted 2017-03-31 10:47 PM (#191700)
Subject: Help with Rear Brake bracket

Puddle Jumper

Blackfalds, AB Canada
Hello group. So I need help. I have removed the rear wheel off my 2010 Vision. Now, I have changed the tyres, and I'm starting to re-install the tyre. But, I can't seem to figure out the puzzle of the caliper bracket. Can someone pls help me.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mokintner
Posted 2017-03-31 10:55 PM (#191701 - in reply to #191700)
Subject: Re: Help with Rear Brake bracket

Austin, IN United States
Sometimes it is a two person job. Use a piece of duck tape to hold it in place then line up spacers and rim
Street Eagle
Posted 2017-04-01 6:42 AM (#191702 - in reply to #191700)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Vision, Cross Country??? Having removed and reinstalled my rear wheel on my Viision, the best method I found is....btw.. you can do this without assistance but having another set of hands always helps. The method requres both a bike lift and hydaulic auto jack. After raising the bike up, position the jack into position with the tire centered on the jack directly below its final mounting point. Make sure the spacers are in position in the wheel. Raise the wheel into position aligning it the axle mounting holes. It will take a little jostling to get the brake mounting bracket between the frame and the spacer. Starting from the brake side, start pushing the axle through the frame, brake bracket and bushing. Once again...jostling required. Once the axle is aligned through the spacer continue inserting the axle throught the wheel. Now watch as the axle is just about to protrude from the other side and make sure the spacer is in place on the pulley side of the axle. After you've done this procedure a number of times it will become easier.
8_Ball_Budzo
Posted 2017-04-01 10:27 AM (#191703 - in reply to #191702)

Puddle Jumper

Blackfalds, AB Canada
hello Street Eagle. Thanks very much for the second jack idea. I think that will hopefully be the difference. The biggest issue I'm having is the damn brake bracket. It seems to be the Chinese puzzle that I'm having the issue with.
ByteN2it
Posted 2017-04-01 1:38 PM (#191704 - in reply to #191700)

Tourer

Beer Collins, Colorado (there is no fort)
My tricks for the VIsion rear wheel are: floor jack to raise the wheel into place while the bike's up on the lift. Glue the wheel spacers in place with some grease, & I use tie wraps to hold the caliper loosely in place.
johnnyvision
Posted 2017-04-02 5:33 PM (#191708 - in reply to #191700)

Visionary

leave the right hand spacer out till you have bracket in place
leave the shock and link unhooked.
make sure you have the little sapce on the caliper side
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread