You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

What do you want from this site?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Jedi Jeff
Posted 2018-11-21 7:21 AM (#192739)
Subject: What do you want from this site?

Fountain Inn, SC United States
It's obvious that traffic to this site has slowed dramatically over the last year. Much of this is due to Victory's demise but I think a larger portion of the slowdown can be attributed to Facebook. People are always on FB and its numerous Victory-centric groups.

One downside of FB is that any knowledge base info is quickly disappears in the noise. I think that's where a site like this can still be useful. It can provide in-depth info that's retrievable, used as a reference, and added to by its knowledgeable user base. Try searching for "adding an amp" in Facebook?Good Luck!!!. Whereas this site has easily accessible threads on this that will not get lost in the millions of FB posts. The information here has been gathered over the life of the Vision & XC models.

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE THIS SITE TO BE?
Looking for insightful input. Thanks!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
rdbudd
Posted 2018-11-22 2:48 PM (#192740 - in reply to #192739)
Subject: RE: What do you want from this site?

Visionary

Jasper, MO
I like this site just as it is. I have no idea how to get the traffic back.

I joined several of those Victory-centric Facebook sites, but rarely access them anymore. They are nothing but noise and worthless posts asking the same questions over and over again. Answers given range from mildly informative to absolute nonsense. I go a month at a time without accessing them, and then when I do, I'm quickly disgusted with the content.

I don't know the answer to getting people back here, but I would miss this site if it went away.

Ronnie
TommyGun
Posted 2018-11-22 9:54 PM (#192741 - in reply to #192739)
Subject: Re: What do you want from this site?

Puddle Jumper

Mossyrock, WA
Well, the thing I like about this site is it's all Vision and no B.S.
My guess is that since the price of Visions are dropping fairly fast, there will start to be more interest in people purchasing them in the near future which should lead to more traffic here.
Maybe we need some name dropping over on the VOG to let newbies know about this site.
Travelin Man
Posted 2018-11-27 9:13 PM (#192749 - in reply to #192741)

Iron Butt

lennyb
Posted 2018-11-28 7:33 PM (#192752 - in reply to #192739)

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
I want this site to continue to be the best resouce available to help any Vision owner find answers, recommendations etc for any question they may have.

With the reduction in activity, perhaps reposting of some of the previous threads with high interest could be helpful. It may catch the attention of surfers as well as remind members of what they found to be enjoyable about their previous time spent here. Are activity numbers for replys and views available to identify the threads that would fall into this category? Perhaps a little discretion would be advised in regards to oil threads, LOL.

The site should be more than just an on line repair manual. Finding a way to remind people that the Vision continues to be dependable, comfortable, etc, etc would be great. To do so, it might help if members were encouraged to post stories that demonstrate that they do continue to use, depend on and enjoy their Visions.

Thanks for keeping the site up!!
LA Victory Rider
Posted 2018-12-07 11:09 AM (#192758 - in reply to #192739)

Cruiser

Monrovia, Ca
Keep it as it is.
adirondacks
Posted 2018-12-16 7:56 AM (#192759 - in reply to #192739)
Subject: RE: What do you want from this site?

Tourer

Troy, NY
Bring back the Victory line if you can!!! Okay, seriously from a business perspective of running this site and keeping it up with your advertising revenue, you'll need to make this an Indian thread too. How many Victory owners will now purchase an Indian for their next bike? I might. There is valuable info here and Indian owners can do the same. I don't know if there is already a bunch of Indian site like this, however.

I still have my 2009 Vision and occasionally still check this site now and then. Obviously I'm not hitting the site more often because I did more browsing in my earlier years of owning by Victory. I still think it's a good resource. My next bike might still be a Vision. It would be a used, newer one
Miles
Posted 2018-12-27 1:59 AM (#192769 - in reply to #192739)

Tourer

Mount Vernon, WA United States
Great comments so far, keep'em coming !!
LA Victory Rider
Posted 2019-01-08 6:23 PM (#192777 - in reply to #192769)

Cruiser

Monrovia, Ca
It is what it is, and that is OK with me. This is still a great resource. The search feature is still relevant.
I just purchased my second Vision a 2009 with 24,000 miles.
Been searching on upgrades and the how to's of what I have done to my other 09 that now has 114K on the odometer.
Much better than the bickering and chest pounding from the board members on the VMC site.
IndyVision
Posted 2019-01-25 4:19 PM (#192782 - in reply to #192739)

Tourer

Maybe somehow link this sight to the VMC.
badnvegas
Posted 2019-01-27 4:42 PM (#192783 - in reply to #192739)

Cruiser

Colorado
Dialogue seedling -The forum should be all things victory consider dropping or reduce the dividing lines by combining or unify disparate owner forums and silos e.g. (Vision, Vegas, Kingpin, etc) focus on the Brand as a whole and/or build on what is common the "stone in the setting" if you will, the V-Twin (freedom motor) and what it takes to maintain these machines, there are fewer dividing lines based on 92cu, 100cu, or the 106cu. Sometimes less is more.

Doing a high level review of other folks websites e.g.(Excelsior Henderson, Chevy Blazer, Dodger Ramcharger) in our situation I see 3 basic categories technical, events, and marketplace at a high level.

We can do the same however that may not be sustainable we can drive for something different, be bold step outside the box. The brand is no longer around that's not news...the question is can current owners influence future value.

Consider building a CO-OP of owners and develop a parts depots maybe it is a drop ship gateway right now thorough Polaris but open an avenue of dialogue which could aid in driving traffic back in this direction and help fund the site.

Edited by badnvegas 2019-01-27 4:47 PM
varyder
Posted 2019-06-13 9:54 AM (#192850 - in reply to #192739)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Content traffic is key. Facebook has become the lazy way to communicate since folks are already there in the crowded room talking about their cat, putting down DJT, or boasting. So here we are, ANOTHER place to go, because theVMC wants to be go to, and all the great Techs have their own site. There has to be a niche draw that nobody else has.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™