You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Tempted to try THIS airhorn....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

sfalexi
Posted 2011-09-12 9:35 PM (#96389)
Subject: Tempted to try THIS airhorn....

Tourer

Columbia, SC
http://www.hornblasters.com/products/details.php?i=psychoblasters-v...

Quote from it's description - "Use this product in a safe and responsible manner, at a distance of at least 100 feet from others." and "It is the consumer's responsibility to comply with local noise ordinances and D.O.T. sound level laws."

(drool....)

Alexi

(another post sparked my curiousity in what airhorns were out there....)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
radioteacher
Posted 2011-09-13 8:27 AM (#96422 - in reply to #96389)
Subject: Re: Tempted to try THIS airhorn....

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Looks like a good one. Let us know what you think after they are installed.

I am thinking of installing a second air horn. I have the Sebel Nautilus now on the left side....this would fit nice on the right.

My idea is to have a switch so I can activate either or both.
glighto11
Posted 2011-09-13 8:45 AM (#96425 - in reply to #96389)
Subject: RE: Tempted to try THIS airhorn....

Iron Butt

Central New York

I like the idea.

I just wish the trumpets were split. That way you could run one down each fork tube. Other than that, I can't visualize a mounting concept.

It's a good thing I am content with my HF stebel.

Tarpits99
Posted 2011-09-13 9:35 AM (#96428 - in reply to #96425)

Iron Butt

North Orange County CA
glighto11 - 2011-09-13 6:45 AM

I like the idea.

I just wish the trumpets were split. That way you could run one down each fork tube. Other than that, I can't visualize a mounting concept.

It's a good thing I am content with my HF stebel.

Before I bought any trumpet to mount in a visible location I would determine if it is an all metal horn; I found that most of the inexpensive air-horns are plastic and don't hold up when exposed to the elements.

You can buy individual "chrome over brass" horns at http://www.howardshorns.com/. They are quite pricey, but are bullet proof and will look good and cut through the hiphop playing at 10 in that teen-agers car, or scare a driver bad enough to make them drop their phone for years.

I had on one on my Ultra and recently mounted one on my Vision. I have to say that I think it looks out of place on a bike with the Vision's styling and I am looking for a way to mount it where it cant be seen, but that still allows it to sing.

I just haven't worked myself up to taking off a lot of body panels to do the job. Here is a link to my not so technical install.

BTW: Since doing this I have discovered that running plastic air hose under the seat is not a great idea. The tubing tends to move into places that you didn't intend it to go and get crushed when you remove/replace the seat; as do some of the less well protected appendices to the wiring loom. I managed to crush a small section of the loom under one of the seat "buttons" which after a week of riding finally cut through the insulation creating a short and draining the battery.

http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=8978&pos...

radioteacher
Posted 2011-09-13 10:14 AM (#96431 - in reply to #96389)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Depends on the size of the unit but it might fit inside the front fairing. I have my Sebel on the right side inside the fairing. You cannot see it but you can hear it!

Ride Safe
EzTravler
Posted 2013-02-28 11:55 PM (#131555 - in reply to #96389)

New user

go with the http://screaming-banshee.com/ horn. it is a nice beep from your stock horn but if you hold the horn button down it kicks into high gear and sounds off along with flashing the high beams
Roughrider
Posted 2013-03-04 11:38 AM (#131694 - in reply to #96389)

Puddle Jumper

Comfort, Texas

Horns have been on for over 40,000 miles.

(My XC 4.jpg)

(My XC 3.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments My XC 4.jpg (5KB - 41 downloads)
Attachments My XC 3.jpg (4KB - 16 downloads)
Street Eagle
Posted 2013-03-04 1:21 PM (#131697 - in reply to #96389)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Quick suggestion....I would ask what the dB is. The Sreaming Banshee is 139dB.

If you decide to go with the Screaming Banshee, you can order it as chrome, black, split (compressor and horn are separated) and you can get the headlight modulation module.
cw1115
Posted 2013-03-05 10:58 AM (#131727 - in reply to #96389)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
The Stebel I have is also 139dB. Out of sight, out of mind till you activate it!
Lotzafun
Posted 2013-03-05 2:40 PM (#131734 - in reply to #96389)

Iron Butt

Rockford, IL
Looking at the pictures I'm pretty sure that the Banshee system is a Stebel horn unit with some extra wiring and a relay or two to flash the headlamps.
cook06vegas
Posted 2013-03-10 1:33 PM (#131959 - in reply to #96389)

Tourer

Lansing, MI

This is agreat thread. I need to get a better horn for my wife's KP!

Thanks!
Zig-Zag
Posted 2014-03-26 12:25 PM (#153710 - in reply to #96389)

Puddle Jumper

LaFayette, GA United States
Hello, I wanted to replace the stock horns on my XR and decided to salvage the Rivco horns from my crashed Kawasaki 1600. They saved my life more than once and was glad to keep them.

I had all the components so it was basically a freebee except for a bit of welding to modify the Rivco bracket. The Rivco mounting wasn't right so I cut off the part with the mount hole, made a new one 5" long with 2 holes turned it 90 degrees and had it welded. I bought 7 feet of fuel line (because I wanted it to be black) and was VERY careful to keep it out of the way of the shift linkage, kickstand, and hot exhaust. As you can see, I mounted the compressor in the left bag and drilled a hole in the saddlebag so the air line comes out the back near the side cover. I ran both electric wires, with bullet connectors, out of the bag and under the seat. One goes to ground and the other to the new relay. The horn relay is attached to the old horn mount. It's a little hard to see but the air line snakes down from the horn and follows the two oil lines down and comes out the bottom of the left fairing. The inside of the fairing is ribbed for strength so you must remove the fairing to get the holes in the right place. I painted the chrome band and bracket on the horns with Rust-Oleum High Heat.

I've ridden over 500 miles with this set-up and they DON'T get in the way at all. Shifting isn't a problem and there is plenty of clearence for the front wheel.

Edited by Zig-Zag 2014-03-26 12:32 PM

(Horn 2.jpg)

(Horn 15.jpg)

(Horn 3.jpg)

(Horn 4.jpg)

(Horn 12.jpg)

(Horn 14.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Horn 2.jpg (78KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments Horn 15.jpg (90KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments Horn 3.jpg (49KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments Horn 4.jpg (40KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments Horn 12.jpg (79KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments Horn 14.jpg (61KB - 1 downloads)
Scottyp
Posted 2014-04-10 3:11 PM (#154133 - in reply to #96389)

Puddle Jumper

I just ordered the Screaming Banschee, I like the fact you can still "beep" your stock horn but then scare the crap out of someone cutting you off!
Street Eagle
Posted 2014-04-10 3:47 PM (#154134 - in reply to #96389)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Hey ScottyP...I've been riding with the banshee for 13K miles. There are have been a number of occasions over the past year where drivers wake up when the airhorn kicks in. Another great feature is having your lights going on at full beam
Scottyp
Posted 2014-04-16 8:35 AM (#154309 - in reply to #131959)

Puddle Jumper

Awesome Street Eagle. I just received yesterday and hope to install soon. Was it a fairly easy install?
Boots
Posted 2014-05-31 11:38 PM (#157882 - in reply to #154134)

Tourer

New Mexico
Street Eagle - 2014-04-10 2:47 PM

Hey ScottyP...I've been riding with the banshee for 13K miles. There are have been a number of occasions over the past year where drivers wake up when the airhorn kicks in. Another great feature is having your lights going on at full beam

Pics?
Installation/location suggestions?
Email if it's easier for you
Thanks!
johnnyvision
Posted 2014-06-01 6:40 PM (#157892 - in reply to #96389)

Visionary

I have the cheapest loudest light weight horn ever.
From the junk yard I picked up a car alarm horn. You pushed the horn button to or three times they move over at 70 mph
Bashcars
Posted 2014-11-26 7:16 AM (#168896 - in reply to #96389)

Cruiser

Katy, TX United States
Does anybody have any pics of installing a Screaming Banshee on a Vision? If so, please post or email me.
Thanks
johnnyvision
Posted 2014-11-26 5:36 PM (#168907 - in reply to #96389)

Visionary

I'm the one that used car alarm for a horn. Its all plastic and its loud enough that four cars up in front of me can hear it.
The funny part is after one year after installing it I have used it once. Guess I'm not much of a horn honker.
rdbudd
Posted 2014-11-27 1:54 PM (#168914 - in reply to #168907)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
johnnyvision - 2014-11-26 5:36 PM

I'm the one that used car alarm for a horn. Its all plastic and its loud enough that four cars up in front of me can hear it.
The funny part is after one year after installing it I have used it once. Guess I'm not much of a horn honker.

LOL! Me neither. I honk my horn once every 2 years to pass inspection for tag renewal.

Not much need for one out here, and I make it a point to stay out of the places where people's driving make a horn a necessity to survive. It's a big country. I stay out in the open spaces, which make up 90 percent of it.

Ronnie
jdr00ejr
Posted 2014-11-27 7:44 PM (#168917 - in reply to #96389)

Cruiser

Indianapolis, IN United States
I would also be very interested in install pics of the screaming banshee on a Vision.
Cws7355
Posted 2016-03-25 7:51 AM (#179494 - in reply to #131727)

New user

Dover, Delaware United States
I'm looking to mount air horns on my 14 Vision. Do you have pics of your horns mounted? It would be a great help in deciding what to get.
Thanks
Clif
Bashcars
Posted 2016-03-25 12:01 PM (#179498 - in reply to #96389)

Cruiser

Katy, TX United States
I have a Screaming Banshee install on my 13 VV. It is great, louder than any car/pickup horn and gets everyone's attention.

Edited by Bashcars 2016-03-25 12:02 PM
zippyzach
Posted 2016-06-30 8:57 AM (#185084 - in reply to #179498)

New user

Springfield, MA
FYI for all those above- the Screaming Banshee is new and improved. I pre-ordered mine yesterday; it's now cheaper, smaller, and lighter. Should be able to replace the stock horn on the vision and take half the time to install. Will provide an update when it comes in and is installed. The member discount is not working yet, they said to try again in a few weeks.
Rowebote
Posted 2016-06-30 10:11 AM (#185088 - in reply to #185084)

Cruiser

Eagan, MN United States
zippyzach - 2016-06-30 8:57 AM

FYI for all those above- the Screaming Banshee is new and improved. I pre-ordered mine yesterday; it's now cheaper, smaller, and lighter. Should be able to replace the stock horn on the vision and take half the time to install. Will provide an update when it comes in and is installed. The member discount is not working yet, they said to try again in a few weeks.

Interesting, keep us posted.

Edit: I see they are giving away a free mounting bracket with orders. Any idea which of the three would be best for the Vision?

Edited by Rowebote 2016-06-30 10:18 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™