You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Big Sur
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Reviews -> Ride ReviewsMessage format

bigfoot
Posted 2011-09-21 8:28 PM (#97318)
Subject: Big Sur

Tourer

Akron Ohio area

I just completed a long trip in order to collect the remaining States I needed to have to have ridden in all 48 contiguous States in one year on one motorcycle. (2011 Vision)

(Other trips included Key West and Nova Scotia)

The highlight of the trip was "Big Sur" in Southern California.

The sign at the beginning, just south of Monterey, stated "64 miles of hills and turns" and it was true.

This 7,600 mile trip had other great motorcycle roads including Yellowstone, Chief Joseph's highway and Beartooth Pass, Glacier National Park (Ride to the Sun), Redwoods, Zion, Southern Utah, the 4 corners area, but the best route was Big Sur.

Having the ocean just over my right shoulder a hundred feet straight down with the waves crashing into the rocks and over the beach was just fantastic.

Getting to see the Elephant Seals at the southern end was icing on the cake. (I once trained California Sea Lions)

Just past the seals you can find a couple of hotels on one side of the road with a brewery and Mexican Restaurant on the beach side of the road.

After checking in for the night I walked across the road and opted for the brewery. 

It was a good choice as they had very good beer and food.

I recommend that all motorcyclists put Big Sur on their Bucket List. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™